Hey Cool Car Fans,
Here’s the “Cool Car Shot” of my latest CoolCarGuy.com vehicle. Maybe you’ve seen me cruising around the Denver or Castle Rock, Colorado area in this new 230 horse-power 2007 Subaru Impreza WRX Limited. It’s my 32nd automobile, I’ve owned a ton of vehicles, and it’s a blast to drive!
As The Cool Car Guy, I’ve owned and driven a ton of vehicles over the years and this one is a hoot to drive. It’s AWD, which is great for Colorado weather and handles great too for a small rally type vehicle. It performed great in the first snow recently and I’ll be taking it to the mountains this Winter for snowboarding trips.
I put on a ton of miles each week, driving up and down the Front Range, picking up clients and vehicles from Fort Collins to Colorado Springs. I put 1,300 miles on this baby within the first week! Which is why I opted for the WRX instead of the 300 horse-power STI. I didn’t want the speeding tickets that the STI was sure to bring with my driving habits.
Subaru is also making a WRX STI limited this year, only 800 of them went into production in two different color schemes, but they are commanding full sticker price or more! I didn’t need a collectors car with the amount of driving I do.
I take good care of my vehicles, but I also use them :). If you want to see some cool photos and the capabilities of these cool little AWD rally cars, check out how motorcycle legend Travis Pastrana and the Subaru Rally Team have been pushing the Subaru WRX STI to the limit at the Subaru Rally website.
About The Subaru Impreza WRX
- 230-hp 2.5-liter DOHC intercooled, turbocharged SUBARU BOXER engine
- 235 lb-ft of torque at 3,600 rpm
- 5 speed manual transmission w/ OD
- Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive
- Projector-beam halogen fog lights
- Sport-design instrumentation with silver gauge trim rings and center-mounted tachometer
- Leather-wrapped 3-spoke steering wheel with manually adjustable tilt column
- Performance-design heated-leather seats with fixed integrated head restraints
- 200-watt 6-speaker premium audio system with 6-disc in-dash CD changer, Subwoofer and MP3/WMA capability
- Power Moonroof
- Power Windows, Locks and Heated Mirrors
- SIRIUS and satellite radio capability
- Auxiliary audio jack
- Windshield Wiper De-Icer
- 17-Inch Aluminum-Alloy wheels
- Anti-Lock Brakes: 4 Channel, 4 Sensor
- Daytime Running Lights
- Limited Slip Differential
- Air Bags: Dual Front, Front Seat Side-Impact (SRS)
- 20 MPG City, 27 MPG Highway
- Total Suggested Retail Price (Window Sticker): $29,219
Cars.com calls the Subaru Impreza WRX Limited a Best Bet with a rating of 4.9 out of 5 stars in the High Performance Sports Car category.
Subaru has a killer lease right now on the Subaru Impreza 2.5i, if you want to go with the standard Impreza with lower horsepower and better gas mileage. You still get AWD performance and it’s a Subaru. Visit Subaru.com for more information on this or other Subaru incentives and then give me a call and I’ll get you one to test drive.
I have a client who told me last week that he’s tired of not being able to drive his Corvette in the variety of Wyoming weather conditions and he’s looking at replacing his Corvette with a Subaru Impreza WRX like mine.
Cool Car Guy Rating:
***** – Love It!
Auto Consultant – John Boyd: The Cool Car Guy
John is an auto consultant with his license at a car dealership in Denver, Colorado. He can help you save time and money on any make or model, new or used, lease or purchase – nationwide! Call or email John about your next vehicle! email@example.com or Twitter @coolcarguy
1,857 total views, 1 views today